Monday, October 13, 2008

Days 21-22, Sunday and Monday

Sunday was a crazy busy day. Jacob and I went to church (of course). After church I began my preparations for the nights' festivities. I made a jelly roll (and SORT of made it look like an airplane, but didn't try very hard, because Elder GA had been kinda mean after church, so I was not very motivated. Anyway. . .Jacob made his ghost cookies he had picked out the day before in Walmart, I made some adorable cupcakes for Elder DO. YAY!
And dad came with the bed, and we put that together, also.
So - when all my baking tasks were completed, Jacob and I headed over to the Orange Street house, where I discovered that my vacuum was not working (GRRRrrr). So - I straightened up and set up stuff a TINY bit for the party. Sterlings, Cooleys, Elders, and Hatchers were there. Overall, I thought it was a good time, but some times were a little stressful. I had fun, and DO was extremely happy with his HSM stuff.
When we got home, I cleaned the kitchen, ran the dishwasher, swept and mopped.

Monday, I woke up, Dad and the Broadheads came over (dad - to set up TV, rolltop desk; Broadheads to check out couch). After they left, Jacob and I went to the other house to WORK! We got a LOT done - - all rooms look semi straight, stuff at least in containers, etc. Then we went to Walmart to get the replacement belts and filters, and upon returning and replacing items, YAY the vacuum worked perfectly!!! So we vacuumed pretty much the whole house. YAY again! Around 3:30, we home, I took a nap. Elder Oberg called = he had left his camera at my house. . .and they were going out of town today for a couple days, so he wanted his camera, of course. I called my landlord - who was headed to the house anyway - and asked if it was allright for him if Oberg went by there to pick it up while he was there. He agreed. . .and as far as I know it all worked out.

I did all of mine and Jacob's laundry, then fed Jacob, then we went to Kmart and Harvey's.
When we got home, Jacob took a shower. . .and no it's pretty much bedtime for him.
We've been here for 3 weeks.

No comments: