Saturday, October 4, 2008

Day 13 Saturday, October ummmmm 4?

Woke up in the middle of the night with a fever - shaking uncontrollably, etc. I took ibuprofen, ended up sitting in the floor of the shower, and went back to bed. In the morning, I started laundry, and went to AppleCare - where I was given a prescription for a ZPak and some predisolone?? (steroid) to shrink my tonsils and such. I came home, chatted with Grandma about our respective birthing experiences. Then, I laid down/took a nap. At 2:30, dad came and picked up Jacob to take him to Blake's party since I was sick. While he was gone, I helped Grandma remake the bed, finished up the laundry, read a book, ate a little, talked to Tara, Teresa, and left a message for Kim about tomorrow's festivities in between conference.
When Jacob got home, we went "uptown" to Kmart and Harvey's. Among other things, we bought the game Othello. When we got home, Jacob and I played two games of it while Grandma watched. Then I cleaned up the kitchen to some degree, and we down-sized the number of graters and unused tupperware stuff. We are saving all of the colanders for now - until she turns 88 at least, when we will reassess the colander situation. I successfully located the Brewer's Yeast. Yay for me!
Jacob and I read a chapter from "Junie B. First Grader (At Last)"
Now it's bedtime.

2 comments:

Carol said...

I am so glad that you and Jacob are getting along so well with your Grandma. I talked to her the other day, she said that she had been so lonely before, she is thrilled to have you and Jacob there.
Probably should change my blogger name since am leaving comments to more than just one blog.

Megan said...

thanks, Carol!